Friday, April 15, 2016

I am not a saint but very likely an angel



My life may not be perfect, nor am I a perfect being. So when I pray to God each night, I hope he hears my prayers that the world will be a kinder place. A safer place.

Just the other day, I was listening to a new friend that I just made at a networking event - and he said something quite poignant.

Think of Paradise. Aim for Paradise.

I've got a long way to go before I even feel 1/millionth worth of his acceptance, but I'm comforted knowing the conscious is there. When I feel disheartened by sad news, or threats or a comment -- I am comforted that I am able to appreciate the feelings, even if it hurts or pains me; because that means I am human, and can only strive to please HIM. Noone else but him. A journey that only I must take; and let God be the judge for HE knows all.

I pray for solace and peace around the world -- that the flood victims will get the global aid sent over. I pray that those who died in vain tonight will rest in peace and those who are suffering to be granted patience and comfort. Disheartened. But I wont give up.

I can't go pleasing everyone - I can't keep justifying myself and I can't stop tongues from wagging or people from condemning. But I can keep still and patient , repent and forgive - and focus on those who matter.

People asking me to 'change'. To go back to God's path. Berubah lah, they say.

Now is that a threat? Thank God for authorities.

"I'm not a saint, unless you think of a saint as a sinner who keeps on trying" --Nelson Mandela

Yup. Never said I was a saint. I am afterall God's child- a sinner. But I am trying to make amends and to do the best I can for all.

Happy thoughts, happy thoughts!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You saying?