What's the difference between broth and stock? Chicken stock tends to be made more from bony parts, whereas chicken broth is made more out of meat. Chicken stock tends to have a fuller mouth feel and richer flavor.
Since we don't usually eat the bony parts at home, we make them into yummy chicken stock for babygirl. Very easy, its basically the art of dumping everything into a large pot and making sure it doesn't dry out hehe. Honestly, I usually just put anything I have in the kitchen, usually the leftover stuff I bought for last week's stocks, before I go out to do fresh groceries for the coming week. It's up to you, you can buy fresh ingredients if you like.
Sophie is a big fan of sweet food (just like mummy) so I tend to put in more of the sweet stuff :)
leftover chicken carcass
Carrots, sweet corns, pears
2 sticks of celery
2 tbsp chopped, fresh parsley
1. Wash, peel and roughly chop the vegetables.
2. Place the (chicken) carcass into a large stock pot.
3. Add the vegetables and parsley, then cover with plenty of water.
4. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat until the liquid is simmering rapidly.
5. Simmer, uncovered, for about 4 hours
6. Leave it to cool before freezing it in small containers (I put in 2oz containers if I plan freshly cook her meals the night before and if you want to use the fresh stock to add into whatever you are preparing, just pour it in - just the soup without all the achi acho of course hehe.
Have fun cooking for your little one :)