Wednesday, July 29, 2009

You were and are one of my favourite people in this world and your demise hurts me as much as it does to him

I am still moaning and grieving over the demise of one of my favorite people in this world, Yasmin Ahmad.

Whatever she liked, I like. Sensei, I will miss you dearly.

In the loving memory of my Yasmin Ahmad, here is one of her favorite poems;

I have eaten
the plums
that were in
the icebox

and which
you were probably
saving
for breakfast

Forgive me
they were delicious
so sweet
and so cold

4 comments:

  1. I sent her fb mail after one of her film director friends told me lots of things about her. No reply!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And it's been that way for a year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. by william carlos williams.. d poem, its kinda regarding lust thingy.. *in d view of literature analyzng..*
    but i like it, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous,

    It can be. But that sorely depends on how you analyze it. For me, it's nice. Short. Meaningful :D

    ReplyDelete

You saying?