Tuesday, May 29, 2007

my awesome kite!

"I let the kite go."

"I released my grip on the string and it flew away, following the breeze, following its dreams to reach the sun. Away and away it goes, a small speck and finally it is gone."

"I loved the kite. I loved to see it fly but I loved it best when I could reel it in, safe and sound, return it back to me. I stood on the ground and felt the kite's happiness."

"Some days, the kite wanted to fly higher but I was afraid to let it go further than I wanted it to. Because. If the string broke, it will be lost forever.

The kite was adamant. I protested but then I relented. I will let out more string, bit by bit so it could go higher and higher. But, the kite still had to come down because I was waiting, don't you see?"

"Up there, oh, the kite experienced wonderful things - things that could never compare with me, the person on the dull ground. He wanted to be free and he struggled to be set free.

I struggled to keep it. It was my precious. Don't you see? Don't you see? "

"The kite was my lifeline. What it saw, what it heard, what it experienced were the very things that fed my hopes and dreams for I was only a mere human, grounded and with limitations. I longed to be like the kite but I couldn't."

"Don't you see?

It did not understand. I did not understand.

But I let it go and it was gone in an instant."

"Will the kite fall one day? Will it reach the heavens? Do I still stand here, rooted, waiting? Will I find it again some day? Do I take flight, become a kite too?

I am slowly becoming a kite. A lonely kite that belongs to no one.

The winds take me here and there. Sometimes I'm up high, sometimes I come crashing down. Life is very uncertain."

"Life is uncertain.

I want to be grounded. I want to be free.

I want to be me. I want the kite. I want me and the kite to be together.

I want to be free.

Return to me some day.

My beautiful kite."

No comments:

Post a Comment

You saying?