Hubs and I are huge foodie. We travel just to eat. We spend most of our salary eating good food. Of course, I sometimes regret paying so much for our food - after perut dah kenyang that is. I'd tell myself that I could have used that money to shop instead hehehe (afterall they all go down to one place and become poo poo). But our love for food is definitely very strong that we end up going down that road each and every month.
With Isaac, it is a bit tough getting him to eat. He only eats what he likes and when he's so hungry. So imagine our excitement when our second born is a natural foodie like us! Hehehe. This girl loves eating. She eats anything we put in her mouth. Dangerous also hehe.
Okay, that was a bit long winded. Just wanted to share the recipe for Sophie's lunches this week.
Recipe for creamy mushroom sauce with pasta
½ cup of flour
1 ½ cups of fresh milk
¼ cup of butter
4 clove of garlic
Mushrooms (cut into small chunks)
The pasta water (keep the water once you strained your boiled pasta)
A pinch of salt
1. Melt butter in the pan, add in the pounded or blended garlic
2. Add in beef broth and flour (a little at a time) and stir with wire whisk until smooth.
3. Add milk, whisk it to smooth out lumps. Then add in some of the pasta water and a pinch of salt
4. Add in mushrooms
5. Add parmesan cheese and stir consistently to avoid lumps
6. Remove from heat when the mushroom is cooked and toss with hot pasta
Note: Sauce will thicken rapidly, thin with milk if cooked too long