Thursday, May 29, 2008


Remember when you were asked by your teacher in Standard 2 on what do you want to be when you finished school? (or to be exact; nanti besar awak nak jadi apa?)....

I wanted to become a lawyer!

When I was 5, I wanted to become a lecturer. Hey, don't ask me where did I get the idea. I was always a genius. And I was born with the glitter in my veins :) Yea.. I wanted to become a lecturer. So when they had this talent competition, I was chosen by my pre-school teacher to represent our school in story telling. I was dressed up as a lecturer with a big framed glasses (with no glasses,only the big black frame), my teacher didn't want to spoil my eye sight she said. Urm, with a nice pinkish floral patterned baju kurung and a big file.

He heee....

I looked cute though. Have the picture but don't know where I put.

Yea...so that was it. But when I went to primary school, I changed my ambition to a lawyer. I really wanted to become a lawyer. Even until now.

Last month, I went to KL High Court to settle few things. When I reached there, I almost burst into tears.

What I want to say here is, how the power of a childhood dream can cause you. I went to law school after high school. No, I didn't finish it but I did learn something. I still know what is acts and how do they relate other cases with current situations. I still can remember how proud I was to wear black suit on Tuesday in College. How proud I was when people ask me what do I do.

But. I fell down. Badly. Not because I was not smart enough but because of some mistakes nobody should do. I couldn't get up. I couldn't walk. Far of to run.

It caused me heart breaks. To see my friends graduating this year is the toughest. To go to court and sit in the court room surrounded by people in nice black suits even tougher. I am supposed to join the crowd, yes. Urm.

Now again. Ultimately through my daily hard work in life, my iron persistence to stand up, then to achieve something - and then- to be somebody on my own. I began to walk slowly, then to run to the outside world, to run for the sheer joy of running. And I believe, later I will made the track team.

Guys, please pray for me. Please pray for this determined young lady. This young lady who was not expected to survive, who would surely never walk, who would never hope to run - this young lady will run the world's fastest mile!

1 comment:

  1. eh yang.
    forgot to ask u add me at FB.xzibitgal@yahoo.com.

    add me pls.muahs

    ReplyDelete

You saying?