Hehehe. Today, you all no need to be nice to me also dapat recipe as I know it will benefit someone somewhere and that makes me happy. Because if you are like me, you'd appreciate a good recipe that you can easily get online when the mood to cook strikes. Ah, the joy of internet.
Anyway, here is the recipe for Daging Masak Merah.
300g of beef (cleaned thoroughly because beef produces this unpleasant smell if not cleaned properly. Same like mutton).
1 big onion.
3 cloves of garlics.
3 spoonful of oyster sauce.
3 spoonful of chilli sauce.
Red food dye (I used the one that's used to make jelly)
Vegetables (I used whatever I have in the kitchen last night - tomatoes, brocolli, red chilli. You can also put long beans, kailan, capsicum, cauliflower)
Salt, sugar (and MSG if you like. We don't use MSG in our household but my family recipe has MSG in it. It tastes better my aunt said hehe).
1. Boil the beef - add in the red dye, salt MSG and a bit of sugar. Boil until the beef is tender.
2. Strain the beef until dry. Slice it into small pieces.
3. Heat the pan with a bit of oil, add in pounded garlics stir fry until slightly brownish.
4. Add in the sliced beef. Fry for a few minutes.
5. Add in the onions, oyster sauce, chilli sauce, salt and sugar. Fry on big fire for a few minutes.
6. Add in the vegetables (leave the tomatoes for last). Add in a bit of water for sauce (I used the beef broth) and leave if for a few more minutes and your Daging Masak Merah is ready.
Gin hâi a-ròi!